Saturday, November 2, 2013

The man i am

The man i am

I am not perfect, im not made of stone
I feel pain and i feel heartache
Just like anyone else i look for that one person i can love
My heart has been in the wrong place one too many times.
Just like any other human being i have emotions
I feel pain
I feel loss
I feel hate burning at the pit of my stomach and eating away at my soul
Ive been taught from an early age that men dont cry
Why
Why is it that as a man im supposed to hide my emotions
Not show how i feel
Not show what i cannot form with words

Ive loved
Ive given my heart to another only to find it laying on the ground
Swept under a rug of lies and deceit
Was it love
Maybe it was
It may have actually been love
It is said that love doesnt hurt
I think it does
loving someone opens you up
It makes you vulnerable
And when you are
Thats when it hurts the most
You lay there wondering
Why did this happen to me?
What did i do wrong?
Not realizing that the love is still there.
Respect is what is missing
Loving someone may not necessarily mean marrying them and settling down
It may sometimes mean watching on as the person you love marry someone else and settle down with them.
Loving someone is giving them your all and expecting nothing in return
Love makes you crazy and makes your judgement clouded when it comes to that one particular person

Love weakens and still gives strength
Love makes you cry but puts a smile in your heart
Love hurts but also stops the pain
Love makes you worry it also assures you
Loves makes you tear up every letter and postcard
Love makes you sit on the floor and glue every piece back together
Love leaves you dark but brightens up every part of your life

My lesson in love is that you cant make someone stay with you because you love them. If their heart wants to wander then let them. All you can do is love that person unconditionally and hope for the best.
I gave my heart to someone that i loved and still do. We were mirrors of each other. Maybe thats why it lasted this long. Maybe thats why it ended. Our love was battered and bruised by every friend who had something to say
Had an idea of how we should love
How we should be happy
When we should be public
Who thought we were better off separated
Who thought they were better for either of us
Or maybe someone else was better
Who thought that our love should play by their rules
Ultimately our love was broken by our inability to remain strong and trust in it
to discern the motives of so called friends
To admit our wrongs
Our loves was ours to take care of
But we gave that duty to everyone that had an opinion
An opinion on how my love, her love, our love should function
I love her still. I gave her my heart. No one can ever replace her
Love is knowing when to let go
When to walk away from someone despite all you feel because its whats best for them
Its giving them a chance to be happy even if its with someone else.....................this is the final test of our love. The last will and testament

Cloud Nine CBS

I am not perfect, im not made of stone
I feel pain and i feel heartache
Just like anyone else i look for that one person i can love

No comments:

Post a Comment